Sunday, November 13, 2011

Leaves, Leaves and More Leaves!

We are really bad around here about raking and bagging the massive amounts of leaves that fall in our backyard. I think we ended up doing that in March this year. I swore we would never do that again! Jon got really motivated by the gorgeous weather last weekend and wanted to spend some time outside. It's usually me that wants to go rake and bag. However, this time I wasn't really feeling it. Jon made it really easy by using the mower to blow the leaves into big piles that would seriously limit the amount of raking that would need to be done.

Luke LOVES to be outside! Getting to use a rake and "help" Daddy was a huge bonus!

Of course, he spent most of his time just playing in the leaves! He wasn't happy with the fact that we were removing his "hiding spot". We reassured him that in a day or two, the leaves would all be back! Ugh...





As if the leaves weren't enough for Luke's fun day outside, he discovered kite flying! He loved it and did a super job!

I love a good, fall day outside! The weather here has been amazing! We got a lot of work done in the yard and had fun at the same time! Luke was having so much fun that we opted to let him skip his nap. (Which was fine until we made him come in the house!) The backyard is already ready for another rake and bag day...

No, I didn't intentionally leave Ben and Abby out of the pictures. They were out having fun with their friends while Jon and I did hard labor! Next time I don't think they'll be so lucky! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how Luke matches his Daddy. :O)

Mom said...

Great pictures!! Love the pictures of you and Luke in the leaves. Very CUTE!! He looks like he was having a great time.