Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful!

What am I thankful for?

I don't want to undermine the important things like my husband and family, my home, food, God and all the things that we always come up with right off the bat.  But this year, I have something different to be thankful for.

Yes, I love my job as a mom, but that's not what I'm talking about this time.

I am thankful for my new job!

Getting a job wasn't something that I necessarily wanted to do.  It was one of those things that Jon suggested I do.  With Luke in school all day, I understood, but still didn't really want to.  I wanted to still be able to be a mom.  Go to Luke's class parties, be able to help out in his class and go eat lunch with him periodically.  I wanted to be at home and make yummy meals and fun treats.  I didn't want to be gone all day everyday.

The Lord knew what I needed!

He has provided me with a job where I only work two days a week and I only work during the hours that the kids are in school.  If the kids are out of school for any reason, then I am off too!  Not only that, but he put me in a room full of precious little toddlers!  I get to play with, snuggle and love on little ones and then send them home!  (I imagine that's what being a grandma will be like someday!)  This job couldn't be more perfect!

I am thankful for my job and that the Lord knows exactly what He's doing!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am so happy that you are enjoying your job.