Thursday, March 17, 2011

Girls Weekend in Springfield

I was SO excited when my BFF, Karen, called and told me that her daughter had a soccer tournament in Springfield, Missouri! Why was I excited? Well, Springfield is halfway between the two of us and we hadn't seen each other since last July. Her husband was getting a room for her and their girls for the weekend with his points (that he had earned from his travels) and I was invited to come stay with them for the weekend! YAY!!!
Karen's birthday is on the 19th, so I decided that a week early is good enough for presents! Nothing beats personal delivery! I think she loved her presents!
I just LOVE this girl! She's the best!
Abby and Madison (Karen's daughter) went to school together when we all lived in Kansas. They hadn't seen each other in almost three years! They had fun getting together again!
Erika (Karen's youngest), Madison and Abby =]
Me and sweet, sweet Erika! Before Karen moved to Oregon and I moved to Oklahoma, we spent a lot of time together! I mean A LOT of time! The big kids were at school, so the three of us (me, Karen and Erika) would hang out almost everyday! In the last three years Erika has grown up a ton, but she is still one super sweet girl!!
Don't we look happy?! We are! I am so happy I got to spend the weekend with Karen and the girls! I am so happy that they moved back to Missouri from Oregon! Even though I don't get to see her as often as I would like, it is good to know that I can see her more than when she was SO far away!

Thank you, Karen, for a super fun weekend! I love ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes! I haven't been on here in awhile! I guess I didn't realize you took so many pics. I don't think I took any except for Mad during her games. Can you tell I'm not good at blogging anymore?! :O) So glad you could meet us in Springfield!!! Had a wonderful time with you and Abby and hope to do it many more times and soon! I love you too my friend!!!