Thursday, April 18, 2013

He Is Risen!!

I couldn't be happier that Luke doesn't have any idea what or who an Easter bunny is.  I also couldn't be happier that Luke knew that not only was Easter coming, but he knew that what we were celebrating was Jesus' resurrection.  Nothing could be better!  He loves to talk about Jesus!

Quick story...The kids and I were driving around town one day recently and Luke said, "Can we talk about Jesus?"  This is very normal and exciting and I quickly said, "Absolutely!  What do you want to talk about?"  He wanted to talk about how sad it was that Jesus had to die on the cross.  He is always quick to add that he died for us because he loves us.  Ohhh...I melt when he gets so excited about Jesus loving him!  Luke also informed me, "Christ died on the cross for us too."  I told him, "Christ is Jesus.  They are the same person."  He said, "I know what Jesus' middle name is!"  I kind of chuckled and asked what Jesus' middle name is.  He said, "Christ!"  He was so serious!  I said, "Yep!  You are absolutely right!  His name is Jesus Christ!"  We all got a good laugh out of that one!  You just never know what kids are going to come up with!

Anyway, I am thankful that my kids know what Easter is all about. 

We all know that Easter isn't about bunnies, baskets and candy, however, we still like to have some fun.  I thoroughly enjoy making baskets for my kiddos!

And they thoroughly enjoy receiving them!  (:

Since we were all dressed nice, I demanded some pictures!  I love how they turned out!







We decided to stay home for Easter this year.  The previous two years we have gone to our friend's house and had a great time.  This year, however, we all just really wanted to be at home.  (I think it might have had something to do with just getting back from Ireland.)  Thankfully our friends, Heather and Andrew came over for a delicious cookout and some card games.  We had such a great day!  I was so happy to be at home with my family and some very dear friends!

What would Easter be without a good, old fashion Easter egg hunt?  Ben and Abby have, apparently, outgrown the hunt, but I knew Luke would love it.  And he did!  Kids make some things so much more fun!

We had such a fun day!  I am so thankful for my family, my friends and most of all that Jesus didn't just die on the cross for me, but that he rose again for me!

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  Galatians 2:20

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great pictures!! Luke is something else!! He is so darn cute!! The things that come out of his mouth are amazing. It's so exciting to hear him talk about Jesus!!