Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What's Happening?


The kids have been in school for 3 weeks already!  WOW!  Luke had a bit of a rough start, but now, he loves school!  YAY!!

*****

What have I been doing while the kids are at school?  Well, I got a job.  Yep.  It's been a good long while, but I did it.  I had a bit of encouragement from Jon, but it's ok.  I am working at the school that Luke went to last year, East Cross Early Childhood Center, with the toddlers.  It is a Parent's Day Out program, so I only work Monday's and Friday's.  After two weeks of working, I have decided that it isn't as bad as I expected it to be.  Those little munchkins are so fun and lovable!  Plus, the days pass very quickly!

*****

Ben is deep in the throes of marching band.  He has to be at school everyday by 6:15am!  He has rehearsals every Thursday night from 6-9pm.  And this week he starts hour long sectionals (on the other side of town!) on Tuesday nights.  That might not sound like a lot, but let me just remind you that he is almost 16.  Apparently, when you are 16, all you want to do is hang out with your friends.  Ben has some really great friends!  However, I truly feel like I run a taxi service a lot of the time.

*****

Abby is in the middle of her middle school softball season.  I couldn't be more proud of this girl!  She has worked so hard!  One of the requirements on the team is that you need to be able to run a mile in 10 minutes or less.  Seriously!  Abby has worked SO hard to be able to accomplish this.  So far, she has made it in 10:45.  She is almost there!

*****

We are going to be in a world of hurt when Luke discovers that he could have a life too!

*****

Jon is, also, still in school.  Blah!   He is one busy guy.  Working full time.  Going to school.  Spending time with the family.  Figuring out how to be the assistant treasurer for the band boosters.  Keep up on yard work.  It is hard!  On all of us!  But mostly him.  He is stressed out a lot of the time, but I know that in the end it will be good.  I am so proud of him for all of his hard work!

*****

My foot is still a mess.  It hurts!  I have been back to the doctor.  He thinks that the tendon that was repaired last year has been re-injured.  Super!  Last week I went for a bone scan to make sure that nothing was going on there.  I think an MRI is going to be next.  I have a feeling surgery might be happening again...

*****

Ben turns 16 in less than 3 weeks!  NNNOOOOO!!!!!

*****

I have rediscovered reading!  I have always loved to read.  I just don't take the time to read.  I guess I have let myself become so busy with life and kids, that I hadn't read anything in a long time.  Well, all three kids are back in school and I have no excuse!  I am  going to read!  I am currently reading Longing by Karen Kingsbury.  It is book 3 in a series of 4.  My house just might be a wreck for a while longer...

*****

Life is busy!
God is good!
I am thankful!

No comments: