Monday, February 25, 2013

SNOW DAY!!

 You know that feeling when you are hoping for a snow day and it doesn't happen?  Well...three of us had that very feeling last Thursday.  We weren't expecting a lot of snow, but we have learned that, in Oklahoma, it doesn't take much to cancel school.  I checked and double checked the school listings before waking Ben. I was so disappointed!  I was really looking forward to a day at home to play games with the kids.  

Both, Ben and Abby, had to be at school early for band, so Jon took them.  It wasn't until almost 8:00am that I got a call from the school saying that school was cancelled.  Seriously?!  They were already at school!!  It was only a matter of a minute or two before I started getting calls and texts from Ben and Abby.

Ben ended up getting picked up by Emily's mom and went to her house, with friends, for movies and fun.

Abby came home on the bus and I made her breakfast!

Nothing is better on a cold, snowy, icy morning than a yummy, hot breakfast!

 Of course, my little outdoor lover couldn't wait to get out there and play!

 I love the look of the ice on everything.  

 Abby spent a large part of her day catching up on Downton Abbey episodes!  Anna came over and, this is so pathetic, they watched Downton Abbey on their Kindles!  I finally made them come out of the bedroom and be social and watch something together.  Nothing girlier than wedding shows!  I love it!

Jon made my day when he offered to take us all out to dinner at our favorite restaurant!  Hooray!! 
 

I love snow days!!

As I type this, we are under a blizzard warning.  It has pouring rain outside all day, which is supposed to change over to snow and turn into a blizzard!  We are expecting 3-7 inches of snow by morning!  I don't to get my hopes up, but I would love another snow day!!
(I'm sure Ben and Abby wouldn't argue!)

No comments: