Friday, October 9, 2009

The Bruin Mile 2009

The Bartlesville cross country team hosts and event each year to introduce elementary school kids to cross country running. Abby was so excited to participate this year! I don't think, however, that she completely grasped how far one mile is! Especially when it consists of running uphill, downhill, in the grass..... Nonetheless, she was pumped!

Abby stretching before the big race.

These are all of the 4th and 5th grade girls from Abby's school that participated.


I know this picture is a little blurry, but this was the halfway point of the course and Abby looks spent!

Almost to the finish line! The two girls that are beside Abby are cross country runners and ran alongside her to encourage her to finish strong! I was so thankful for them!


Abby was SO happy to have just finished the race! That was her only goal!! I am so proud of her!!! WAY TO GO BABY GIRL!!!


She actually said she can't wait to do it again next year!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Abber's! That's a long way to run!

Pat said...

Good job Abby!! I am so proud of you. I'm sure next year will be easier now that you know what to expect.