Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Fun Fall Date Day! (with Luke, of course)

I always enjoy Jon's day off, especially when Ben and Abby are at school! This week we decided to go out and enjoy the beauty of fall! We headed to the nearby state park to check out what the trees looked like. It's no Michigan, that's for sure, but it was pretty!

We knew that there were some waterfalls if you were willing to take a little hike down to them. We never knew just how far away it was, so we thought we would find out. It wasn't very far at all. The falls were quite small, but pretty just the same!

Along the way, Luke was more content to play in the sand with a stick than anything.

This is probably my favorite shot of the day! Love it!!

I love this one too!

Jon found a caterpillar as we were heading back to the trail. Luke thought it was pretty cool! He was doing everything he could to get it with his stick!

I LOVE this little guy!

Maybe this one is my favorite! ??? So many cute one's!

Can't get enough of him!

We will definitely be taking Ben and Abby back there! And I'm sure that will mean more pictures!

As you saw in my last post, the kids carved their own pumpkins. Jon and I were so bummed that they wouldn't let us help them! We love to do it! We decided that since he would be off the next day, that we would get two more pumpkins and do our own! It was so fun!

Freaky eyes!
I was very proud of my pumpkin!

Jon's finished product.

My finished product.

Jon and I had a GREAT, fun day! Even if Luke had to tag along!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I love this! It looks like you guys had a great day. Miss you! Can't wait to see you all somewhat soon!

Anonymous said...

You got some GREAT pictures! Love the one in black and white with the water fall. And you should be proud of your pumpkin...It ROCKS! I MISS YOU FRIEND!! :O(