Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day Continued.....

I don't know how I could have forgotten to include this is my Mother's Day post! While we were on our way to Tulsa for lunch Jon was asking the kids questions about me and what they like, don't like, would change, etc... He asked them to really think about their answers and not say give the, "Because she loves me...", "Because she buys me things" responses. While they were talking I scribbled down their answers the best I could. Here's what they had to say:

What's your favorite thing about Mom?

Ben: She spends time to make cookies and stuff instead of buying them at the store.
She teaches me to do the opposite of what other kids are doing. Teaches me to do the right thing.

Abby: She loves me and buys me new clothes. (She's such a girl!)

What will you always remember about Mom?

Ben: When Mom hid in the trash pantry when we were playing hide and seek and scared me!
When she let Luke and Sam come down for my birthday! (I think that will always be one of Ben's lifelong favorites!)
How she says, "Mom". (In my fading Michigan accent...)

Abby: The night we went to iShine!
When me and Ben would hide in the hamper and she would say, "You silly!"

What do you wish that Mom would do differently?

Ben: Jump on the trampoline with us
Make eggs every morning
Make fried chicken
Expand her likeness of shoes in my size

Abby: Go shopping everyday!

On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is not very good and 10 is very good, how do you feel about your relationship with Mom and I?

Ben: 9 1/2 to 11
Abby: 10

So much for not getting those simple responses! Abby is just simple! Gotta love her! I have to say though that I was a little bit nervous about what some of the answers would be. They ended up being great! I think I must be doing something right...Right? The answers could have been sad! Thankfully they weren't! :) I think I might have to do the same kind of thing for Father's Day!

3 comments:

Pat said...

I love it!! Great job Jon!! I think that was a great idea. I wasn't surprised at Bens response to what he would want you to change(eggs everyday, shoes and fried chicken). GOOD JOB KIDS!!!

Nana-Judy said...

What affirming responses, Mom! Yes you are 'doing it right'!!

Anonymous said...

That was a great idea Jon! Jamie you are one of the best Mom's that I know! So many of us could take lessons from you! you listen to your children and as Ben says help them to make the right choices. I totally look up to you as a mother and only hope that I'm doing as good of a job as you are! You are raising some amazing kids!!!
BTW~Ben cracked me up with the shoes and fried chicken answer. I wouldn't mind having that recipe...haha