Friday, November 2, 2012

HaLlOwEeN 2012

Luke couldn't wait for Halloween this year!  Abby made him a chain to count down the days when there still 40 something days to go.  It was a long wait for the little guy!

Knowing that I was due to have foot surgery at the beginning of October, I knew that all of the kids had to be something fairly simple. I wasn't planning on doing any sewing this year.  Luke's costume was a no-brainer.  Back when Ben was in preschool he was Woody.  Of course, I saved the costume and hoped that it would fit Luke.  It was perfect and Luke was thrilled!  Abby took it upon herself to call Grammy and ask her to make a Raggedy Ann costume.  Thankfully Grammy said yes!  Ben knew that he wanted to be Captain Hammer (I have no idea who that is!) and assured me that he would take care of it.  Perfect!

As it Luke wasn't excited enough about Halloween, he found out, at school, that he would get to wear his costume to school on Halloween.  I can't even tell you how excited he was to tell me this big news!  Halloween just couldn't get here fast enough for this boy!

The day finally arrived and Luke couldn't wait to get his costume on and head to school!

It was so cute to see all of the kids (and teachers) in their costumes!

Party time!!

Me and my cowboy!

I was so proud to see my anti-crafts boy doing something crafty!

The kids even got to go trick or treating at the church offices at school!

Apparently this is what Captain Hammer looks like.  ???  It worked for me since all I had to do what the shirt.  Simple enough!  Ben was pleased with it and that's all that really matters! 

Ben had very different plans this year.  He was asked to go to a Halloween party at a friend's house. Jon and I were both a little bit leery, but after asking lots and lots of questions and thinking about it for a long time we decided that it would be ok.    A party at the home of one of his band friends with other band kids where the parents were going to be home, no girls and not out roaming the streets...It sounded legitimate.  I'm so glad we let him go!  It sounded like he had a great time!  My baby is definitely growing up...

Abby's costume turned out perfect!  Grammy did a SUPER job!

How cute are these two?!?!

This is Miss Emily Jessie.  She is the children's ministry director at our church.  She and Luke are good buddies!  Luke kept telling her that she should be Jessie for Halloween.  I love it so much that she actually went with it!  These two were absolutely adorable together!

This year our church put on a Trunk or Treat event.  Ben and Abby weren't really thrilled with the idea, but I figured that if they wanted to go out with a (responsible!) friend, they could do that.  I knew this kind of thing would be perfect for me, since I couldn't walk, and perfect for Luke since it would be much simpler that going from house to house.  It was great! Abby came for a while and then headed out with some friends later.  Luke LOVED it!

Luke came in second place in the costume contest!  His prize...TEN Rice Krispie Treats!  Oh boy...

Abby, Anna and Elizabeth enjoyed Trunk or Treat for a little while before hitting a neighborhood together.
These kids are just growing up way too fast!

Luke inherited this great pair of bat glasses sometime during all of the Halloween festivities.  I wish I had taken a picture of his in the dark.  There are glow sticks that make it look super cool in the dark!  Luke was a big fan of these glasses!

This is probably my very most favorite picture of the night!  We got home after a long night of Halloween fun and Luke dumped his candy on the floor and just laid there in front of it.  This picture was not staged!  That is just one adorable boy with one huge pile of candy!  I think we are going to have candy around here for a very long time!

Everyone had a very fun night in all of our various locations. It was strange to not all be together, but I guess that's what happens when kids grow up...

1 comment:

Mom said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! All the kids looked great!! Looks like Luke was really into the Halloween thing. He looked like he was having a blast!! I've never heard of Captain Hammer, but that was a good idea for a costume. Abby looked adorable!! Great pictures!! Also love the picture of Luke in front of all the candy.