Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Baby Girl Is Officially A Teenager!

Can it be?  How is it possible that Abby is officially a teenager?  I hate to always say the old cliches, "Where has the time gone?" or "Time flies!", but is the only thing that comes to mind when I think about Abby turning 13.


Needless to say, Abby was very excited about her birthday. She started emailing birthday lists to us months before her birthday. She wanted to make sure we knew what she wanted for her birthday.  That, and she loves email!

As soon as she woke up in the morning, she asked to open presents.  Ummm...I wasn't quite ready...  (I was working on the birthday cake!)  She didn't like having to wait.

One of Abby's birthday wishes was to go to Frank & Lola's for lunch.  Her birthday wish is our command!  Can't turn that one down! 

(Disregard the crummy pictures.  I took them with my iPod in a room with strange light.)
One of Abby's birthday wishes was to go to Frank & Lola's for lunch.  Her birthday wish is our command!  Can't turn that one down!  While we waited for an available table, I asked Abby to let me take a picture of the two of us. This is what I came away with.  That stinker!

She finally, reluctantly, let Jon take a picture of her with her delicious birthday lunch.

It was finally time to open presents! 

I don't think she was disappointed when she opened her presents!  Well...except for the fact that the thing she wanted most was a Facebook account.  I just couldn't convince dear old Dad.  Yes, she was disappointed about that...

Time for cake!
Yep, we skipped dinner.  We ate a big lunch late in the day, that Abby's wasn't even hungry for the birthday dinner she requested.    However, there's always room for birthday cake and ice cream!

Abby's request for her cake was chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with coconut, but she wanted sprinkles like Luke's cake had.  This is what I like to call "the best of both worlds."  (:  She was very pleased with how it turned out!

"Happy  Birthday To You!"


Pure delicious-ness!!

I got another one of those texts, again, asking if we would like two tickets to the OK Mozart concert on Saturday night.  And, like I said before, you just can't turn them down.  Especially the grand finale concert! I would go to every concert if I could.  This time, I thought Abby would enjoy going to the concert with either me or Jon for her birthday.
YAY!! I got to go!

This concert did not disappoint!  It was...awesome!  I am so thankful Abby and I were able to go together on such a special day!

All day, I continued to hear things like this:

"I really thought I would get a Facebook for my birthday."

"It's not fair that Ben got Facebook for his 13th birthday, but I don't."

"Ben ruined it for me to get Facebook."

It is safe to say that Abby was genuinely disappointed.  I felt terrible!  I am positive that Jon didn't feel nearly as bad as I did.  However, I may have guilted him into one last gift for Abby to open after  we got home from the concert.

Abby finally got her very own Facebook account and she couldn't be happier about it!

I couldn't resist posting these pictures of Abby and Luke.  Look how precious they are!  Sadly, Luke doesn't treat Abby very well.  I don't know why and it makes me sad.  Abby loves Luke to pieces!  She is so sweet to him.  Well, I don't know if it was because it was her birthday or he was feeling especially nice that day, but when Abby asked Luke to take a picture with her, he was very cooperative.  He made Abby a very happy girl!  They are so adorable!

Abigail, I hope you had a very special day for your 13th birthday!  I honestly can't believe that you are officially a teenager.  You will always be my baby girl. I am so proud of the young lady you are.  It makes me so proud to walk into your room and see the Bible verses all over your wall.  Remember how much Jesus loves you and he made you perfectly!  You are growing so much in your clarinet playing.  Keep up the hard work and you will do amazing things with that instrument.  I love you so much, Baby Girl!  Welcome to your teenage years!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14



No comments: