Tuesday, June 18, 2013

OK Mozart ~ Woolaroc Concert

OK Mozart week is one of my favorite weeks of the year.  I love that my community supports and promotes the arts.  I have never lived anywhere that offered so much.  During OK Mozart week, you can see as much as you want to see and many of the events are free and open to the public.

This year, I was so disappointed when I discovered that we were going to be out of town for the first half of the week.  I was just glad to know that we would be back in town in time to go to the Woolaroc concert.  What was even better was that by Ben and Abby participating in the OK Mozart Master Class earlier in the week, they each received two free tickets to this amazing concert.  Score!

One of my favorite things about this concert is deciding what to make for our picnic dinner.  (For this concert, you come really early, bring your dinner and hang out.)  This year we had a super yummy Italian sub, Caesar salad, chips and dip, strawberries and brownies.  YUM!  I am a firm believer that everything tastes better when you get to eat it outside!  (:

 Ben's friend, Mario, found us.  Maybe I should have had him take the picture...





This concert was amazing!  The music in the first half was movie tunes by John Williams: Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, The Terminal.  For the second half we heard a lot of patriotic music.  It was spectacular!  

I am already looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks FUN!!! Sounds like something I'd enjoy!! Maybe some year I could come down there for that.