Saturday, February 27, 2010

Winter Jam 2010

Jon and I had never been to a Winter Jam concert, so we were super excited to go this year! Especially because Third Day was going to be there, they are our favorite!! Other groups that were there were Sidewalk Prophets, Fireflight, Revive, Newsong, Newsboys, and Tenth Avenue North. We had an awesome time! My mom came out here specifically to watch the kids so that Jon and I could go! Not only did she watch the kids for the concert, but she offered us an overnight date! Isn't that so sweet of her?!

There are a bunch of pictures here and I know that some of them are pretty crummy, but I thought I would share!

Winter Jam 2010 at the BOK Center!

It was a tad bit cold out...Actually, I forgot my coat so Jon let (made) me wear his. What a guy! :)


This is the Sidewalk Prophets slinging shirts into the crowd.

I caught a shirt! (Not from Sidewalk Prophets, but from a new Christian clothing/bookstore.) I never win anything!

I'm so glad we got there when we did! We arrived around 4:30p.m. and stood in "line" for an hour and a half! This is the line behind us! The concert was only $10 at the door! No tickets!

This is the "line", or should I say mob, in front of us! It was a bit insane! The only thing I could think to compare it to was going shopping the day after Thanksgiving times a hundred! Nuts! But I would do it all over again!

Waiting for the doors to open...

We finally made it inside and ended up with awesome seats!

Newsong



Newsboys! They were great!! (Not with the originals, but the touring group. They were still good!)



Tenth Avenue North

Waiting for Third Day...

Apparently there were technical difficulties because we had to wait a loooong time! Finally, Mac Powell came out and did some acoustics! Loved it!

Finally! THIRD DAY!!!





Singing "Revelation" with the girl from Fireflight!

The concert was awesome! Jon and I had a great time! I couldn't, however, stop thinking how much Ben would have enjoyed it! I think I will have to give up some of my selfishness and take him to "The Rock & Worship Show" in April. (Mercy Me and The David Crowder Band, among others, will be there!.)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

The Rock and Worship Roadshow will be here at the end of March! We're taking our high schoolers & I'm so excited! It's gonna be fun!
I'm glad you guys go to go to that! And that you got to see your mom. :)

Anonymous said...

No way you did NOT make a sign you nut. haha just kidding! I'm so glad that you got to go and that you had a good time. Thanks goes out to Grammy for going out and helping my friend for the week. :O)

Jamie said...

No, Karen, I did not make that sign! They were sitting in the seats when we got there! :)