Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tie-Dying Fun

Last week at VBS we tie-dyed socks as a service project. Abby and I ended up with the bug to go home and tie-dye shirts. We gathered all of our supplies, put Luke to bed and headed outside to see what we could come up with. I tie-dyed shirts in high school using the rubber band method with circles all over the place. Abby and I wanted to do something more fun than that!
Abby chose the "bullseye" (or flower as she prefers to call it) pattern.
I tried for the swirl pattern. (For Luke)
I suppose I should have used the gloves that were provided in the package...
This is how Abby's turned out!
And here is Luke's!
I think they turned out GREAT!
We will definitely be doing this again!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I love them! They came out great. Where did you get your kit?

Anonymous said...

They look great! You're such a good mommy doing that with her!

Nana-Judy said...

We did this in VBS one year, too! I had a great time and wanted to do some more of it. Don't know why...but I never did! Good for you guys!!