Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

We had a pretty uneventful Father's Day here, which is exactly what Jon asked for. He does so much for our family, how could I not give him that?! I have to say, Jon is one terrific dad! When I hear about other dad's and what they do/don't do, I realize that I am one blessed woman and my kids are so blessed to have a dad that is so involved and will do anything! He changes diapers, helps with homework, gives baths, cleans bathrooms (or whatever room needs cleaned, if asked, of course!), paints nails, you name it, he'll do it! He's definitely not one of those dads that says, "I don't do that!" He does it ALL!!

He requested that we not spend any money on gifts, but it's really hard not to spend any. We spent just a little, and I think he was ok with that.

He had originally requested that we spend the day hanging out outside doing nothing, but it was SO hot that we did our 'nothing' inside. Lazy, lazy day!

His dinner request was steak with baked potatoes and corn on the cob. (I had to throw in some green beans for some color!) For dessert he wanted angel food cake with pudding and cool whip. This is what I came up with. YUM!
On Mother's Day, Jon asked the Ben and Abby some questions about me, so I thought I would take those same questions and turn them on him. Here's what they had to say about their dad...

What is your favorite thing about Dad?

Ben: "That he's a pilot"
(I find this quite comical seeing as though Ben refuses to fly with him!)

Abby: "He helped me with homework and he Rocks!"

What is your favorite memory with Dad?

Ben: "My favorite memory with Dad is when we got
Papa Murphey's chicken and sausage pizza and watched movies."

Abby: "When we went camping at Camp Wah-Sha-She. When we went fishing and boating, those were my favorite parts."

What do you wish Dad would do differently?

Ben: "I wish Dad would stay home more often."

Abby: "Nothing."

On a scale of 1-10 (1-not good, 10-great) how do you feel about your relationship with Dad?

Ben: "11 1/2"

Abby: "10!!"

See, even the kids think he's great! HE IS!!! I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with such a GREAT dad for my kiddos!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had Chris' perfect day. :O) Glad you had a good Father's day Jon! You are a great dad!

Pat said...

Sounds like Jon had a great day. Any mans dream day!! Cute pictures. Love the kids responses to the questions. Good job kids!!!