Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year we headed up to Hutchinson to spend Thanksgiving with Jon's parents. Going to Grandma and Grandpa's house couldn't come fast enough for Luke. He talked about it every day for a week or two before going. (For some reason my 2 year old doesn't understand what waiting until Wednesday means...) Ben was super excited about possibly getting to see his old friends. It was so nice to get out of town for a few days!
Luke was hilarious about Toby! He loved that dog!! He also loved getting in Toby's cage! (Maybe I should get one of those for my house...)
Luke and Grandma enjoyed watching Toy Story 3 together. So sweet!
This little guy is just adorable! :)
I was peeling potatoes, but Abby really wanted to do it, so I willingly gave it over to her. She did a great job!
The bird!
The feast!

What is Thanksgiving weekend without Black Friday? That is probably my favorite part of the weekend! (Yes, I love hanging out with family, but I also love the thrill of the hunt the day after!!) This is the third year that I have gone shopping with my friend, Athena. We always have such a great time!
Don't we look great after being up since 2:30a.m.?! (This was around 10:30a.m.) We both crashed later!
Apparently Luke thought his car needed a bath...
The kids love to veg on the mattress and watch t.v. I love it when they are all getting along!
Thank you so much to Ken and Jeanine/Mom and Dad/ Grandma and Grandpa for everything this weekend!

I love how Ben and Luke are sharing Ben's mp3! So cute!
Isn't Kansas beautiful? Yeah, I don't think so either! I have to say that I do not miss the flat-ness of Kansas! I much prefer the rolling hills and trees of Oklahoma!
We all really like to drive past the wind farm. So cool!
(Check out those Kansas hills!)
So...Kansas!
We all really enjoyed our time in Kansas, but there's nothing like home sweet home!

3 comments:

Pat said...

I love reading your blog!! I love all the details also!! Sounds like a great weekend. What a feast!! Nothing like being with family for Thanksgiving. Great picture of Grandma and Grandpa and the grand kids. Luke cracks me up!! The cage probably wouldn't be the same at your house.

Athena said...

Loved looking at the pics! And reading about your holiday! And, I am so glad we got to go shopping on Black Friday!! Thanks, friend! :)

Anonymous said...

You got some great shots! Don't let Miss Macie see your blog though Ahtena! It might ruin her Christmas. haha