Thursday, May 16, 2013

Abby's Awards Assembly

For the second year in a row, Abby was invited to the end of the year awards assembly.  No, not all students get to go.  They only get to go if they are receiving an award.  They never know what they are receiving, they have to wait to find out when their name is called.  Abby was excited to get out of class to go.  She figured she was being recognized for the band award that she received at her concert.  I had a hunch that she might be getting one more.

Not only do the kids get to get out of class to attend the assembly, but the parents are given permission to take their child out to lunch afterward.  Win-win!

Yes, Abby was recognized for the band award she had already received.

But, my hunch was right.  She also received an academic award for having a 3.5 or better GPA.  That's my girl!
Abby chose to go to The Rolling Pin for lunch.  YUM!!  As an added bonus, a little local bakery that is only open on Wednesdays, was open!  Sweet!  (Literally!)

I know I say this all the time, but I am so proud of this girl!  She has worked hard and it has paid off!  She had a great year this year!

GREAT JOB, ABBY!  KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!  I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, BABY GIRL!!

No comments: