Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy 12th Birthday, Abigail!!

 It has happened again.  Another one of my kiddos has turned another year older.  Sigh...  Abby has now entered the last of her pre-teen years.


Abby loves her birthday as much as I do and I think she had a pretty good day!  Jon was off, she participated in an OK Mozart music workshop (More on OK Mozart coming soon!) and we were able to go to the OK Mozart outdoor concert at Woolaroc (more on that too) which ended Abby's special day with fireworks!


Of course, when you are a kid, there's not much more exciting than presents!  A new pair of Converse + an Adele cd + duct tape + nail polish = One happy 12 year old girl!


Abby's favorite cake is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  She has had it every year for the last several years.  This year, I think I convinced her to try something new.  My favorite birthday cake.  White cake with white fluffy frosting with coconut on top.  That is the cake that I always asked for when I was a kid!  (Mom even made it for me this year when we met in St. Louis!)  Abby really isn't a fan of white cake.  I told her we could make it purple!  She looked at me like I was crazy.  "Mom, that's still white cake."  I swore to her that it wasn't, but she wasn't convinced.  But she was willing to give it a try.  (I know, bad mom!)


She did like the cake, but I have a feeling we will be back to chocolate next year.  (:


Yes, the order here is correct.  We had cake before dinner!  There's a very good reason for that!  We ran out of time!  Abby participated in a music workshop that ended with a pizza party around 4:00p.m.  There just wasn't quite enough time for us to have her birthday dinner before heading out to Woolaroc.  So, we ended up extending Abby's birthday a day and had it on Saturday.  She was a little bit disappointed, but unfortunately, there wasn't anything I could do about it.  I still think the dinner was just as good on Saturday!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY GIRL!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND AM EXCITED AND PROUD AS I SEE THE BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY YOU ARE GROWING UP TO BE!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks like Abby had a greaat birthday. I can't believe how fasst these kids are growing up! I wish they would STOP!!!