Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Favorite Cubbie

Luke had no idea what was going on when I took him to AWANA for the first time a few weeks ago.  He had no idea what Cubbies was.  However, he was just about jumping out of his skin with excitement when he came home that night!  He gave me his little pamphlet and said that he had to say some verses so he could get a patch!  Of course, he wasn't calm about telling me any of this.  He was yelling it at me!  I knew this was something that he was (obviously!) excited about and I was excited to start working on scripture memory with him.  Ben and Abby didn't get involved in AWANA until much later and were never quite thrilled with it, so to know that Luke was excited made me excited.

What could be better than teaching my baby to hide God's word in his heart!?  My little guy was a sponge!  I knew it wouldn't take any time at all and he would be earning his vest and patch! Even better than a vest and a patch, it melted my heart to listen to my little guy quote scripture!  He always says his verses in the sweetest little sing-songy voice.  Sigh...  (I will have to see if I can get him to do it on video sometime very soon.)

Well, the next week he passed all of his sections to earn his vest!  He didn't understand that we would have to order it and that he wouldn't get it until the next week.  He was in tears.

While waiting for the next week, when he would get his vest, Luke was right on top of reminding me that we needed to "read" in his Cubbies book.  Of course, all I have been doing over the last week and a half is sitting in the recliner with my feet up, I have all the time in the world, right?  I am so proud of that little guy for staying on top of me and making sure it gets done!  (It's hard to remember to work on it since it is so new to us...)

I am proud to say that Luke earned his Cubbie Jumper patch!

When Jon came home from picking the kiddos up from church this week, Luke couldn't get out of the car fast enough!  He came barreling into the house to show me that he got his Cubbie vest and his patch!


To say that he is proud and excited is a complete understatement!
I am SO proud of my little Lukey!!

4 comments:

Becca said...

That is awesome! I love it! What a cute cubbie! :)

Mom said...

AHHHH!!! That is so sweet! I love it also. He looks so excited and proud of himself. I am so proud of him also!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!

Heather Davis said...

Hi! I'm spearheading a network called Oklahoma Women Bloggers. I'd like to invite you to be a part of it. If you'd like more information, please email me at OklahomaWomenBloggers{at}gmail.com.

Happy Blogging!
Heather D.
www.minivan-momma.com