Monday, October 15, 2012

iDate #2

Having just recently had surgery, I hadn't given much thought to our monthly date or the date challenge.  Thankfully, Jon had.  I'm not sure if it was the fact that he was at home with me during my recovery or maybe he knew that I would need out of the house.  Or maybe he is just on the ball.  (:  I'm not sure when it was, as all of my days seem to be running together these days, but Jon told me, "Put October 13th on your calendar.  We are going on a date."  Yes!

Jon was really excited about this date, but wouldn't tell me what he had planned.  We like to keep our date plans a secret until we are actually on the date.  (I just hoped that his plans involved lots of sitting.)  However, the day before the date, Jon couldn't hardly keep it to himself any longer!  He had to spill the beans!  He told me that we were going to dinner at Frank & Lola's and then to the Bartlesville Symphony Orchestra concert.  Perfect!!  I was thrilled and completely impressed with his plans!

Like date one, date two started out a little bit rough.  The problem?  It was pouring!  Not just your average, ordinary rain showers, I mean, it was coming down in sheets!  Jon got me dropped off at the door and I managed to get in before I got completely drenched.  By the time Jon got the car parked and got into the restaurant he. was. drenched!  I don't mean that he was just a bit wet.  He was completely soaked.  It looked like he had just stepped out of the shower with his clothes on.  Soaked!  As you can see in the picture in the bottom right corner, we did our best to get some of the excess water out of his shirt.  I don't think it helped...


Dinner was still delicious!  We even splurged and had dessert!  It's hard to pass up bread pudding at Frank & Lola's!

We had a list of questions for this date as well.


Date two questions:
Thinking about the present...


What do you like most about your life right now?  How are you demonstrating a sense of gratitude about this?
(We couldn't help but laugh about this first question as life at our house, post surgery, haven't been terribly fun.  Especially for Jon...)

What do you like most about your job right now?  What would you like to see change?

Are there people (or couples) on your life that you would like to see get to know better?  Who are they?

What are our strengths as a couple?  Is there anything we might be able to contribute to younger couples as mentors?

I am including these questions so that maybe you can use them on one of your dates.  They make for great conversation!

Ok, on to the rest of the date!  Off to the symphony!  Well, thankfully we had time to stop by home for Jon to put on a dry shirt.

Yeah...about that.  We pulled into the Community Center and Jon noticed that it looked a bit dark.  I told him that it was just because the doors were tinted.  I didn't think too much about it.  I went inside while Jon went to park the car.  While waiting for Jon to come inside, I got a text from one of the performers (one of our fabulous band teachers!) telling me that the power was out and they weren't sure if the concert was going to happen.  Seriously?!  What is it about our dates lately???  Jon and I moved on to an area where I could sit and relax.  After about 30 minutes, it was determined that the concert was going to have to be postponed.  Ugh...What a disappointment!

Jon had done such a great job planning our date and then this.

Thank you, Jon, for planning such a perfect date for us!  I loved that we were able to get out together after nearly two weeks in the house.  I know things didn't go according to plan, but it was still nice to get out and spend time together, just the two of us.

I wonder what date three has in store for us...

No comments: