Monday, October 15, 2012

Recovery: Week 2

Week two was a pretty good week.  I am still overwhelmed by  the love, kindness, thoughtfulness and helpfulness that continues to be shown to me and my family!  I have been blown away by how God has shown himself to me and my family again this week.

Recovery is going well.  The pain hasn't been nearly what I thought it would and I have been able to sleep better than I thought I would.  I am most thankful that Jon was able to be home for the entire first two weeks!  I don't know what I would have done if he had had to go into work everyday!  He has continued to very overwhelmed with all of the demands of working from home, school, as well as all of the responsibilities of home life.  Being my "cabana boy" and getting me everything that I need. Getting the kids up for school everyday, making their lunches and making sure they are to school on time.  Getting kids where they need to be for all of their various activities... It's been a bit rough on him.

However, when he went to the grocery store, he knew just what I needed!  (:
He was definitely speaking my love language!

Oops!  I forgot to take a picture of all of the meals...

My amazing friends continued to bring delicious meals this week!  I can't even tell you how appreciative my family and I have been for such kindness!  It has been such a huge blessing to not have to worry about cooking.  (Especially since I can't stand on two feet, let alone walk around the kitchen!)

Monday  (Sheryl)
Grilled pork chops with dressing and roasted vegetables with apple dumpling egg rolls with vanilla ice cream

Tuesday  (The McDaniel's)
Taco Chili with jalapeno beer bread muffins

Thursday  (Kandis and her girls)
Parmesan crusted chicken with corn and green beans

Friday we took a rain-check on dinner and headed to Tulsa.  Jon needed to take his new bike to be assembled, so we ended up eating dinner there.  It was nice to get out out of the house and out of town for a few hours.  I was exhausted by the time we got home!

I was able to talk Jon into stopping in to Sugarica (a local bakery that is only open to the public once a week) for "Walk in Wednesday" for some if the most delicious confections!

This week, my sweet friend, Karen brought lunch over for the two of us.  (Jon picked up a cupcake for her too!)  Like I said last week, visitors are the best medicine!  Since I spend so much time at home and pain medicine doesn't really help, friends are the best distraction from the pain.  I was happy to have Karen here to visit with.  She brought over some fabric to make a blanket and the proceeded to tell me that it was for me.  She thought tying the blanket together would give me something to do while I spend hours sitting in the recliner.  She is so thoughtful!!  Thank you, Karen, for being so kind, thoughtful and generous!  You (and your family) are such a blessing to me and my family!

Look at that flexibility!  Following doctor's orders, I have been doing my stretching exercises one to two times a day.  Some days are better than others.  It actually feels good to move my foot back and forth!

Gorgeous, huh?  I think my flexing exercises will feel even better once the stitches are out.

Notice anything strange here?  Check out the size difference in my right leg verses my left leg.  Having been in a boot from the end of March up until surgery and then being completely off of my left leg, has left me with a mushy, floppy, muscel-less leg.  One of these days things will get back to normal, right?

This little guy can bring a smile to anyone's face!

I don't know what I would do without these two big helpers!  Ben and Abby are who have kept the laundry going.  I have to tell them to do it and they aren't always thrilled to do it, but they do it.  I am so thankful that they are able to help out with everything so much!

I am looking forward to going to the doctor in a few days and getting these blasted stitches out!

No comments: