Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Bruin Mile 2010

Last year Abby participated in the Bruin Mile for the first time (check it out here) and she was excited to do it again this year! Playing softball has really motivated to get moving and work on running longer distances. SO excited to see that her friend, Sam, from Girl Scouts was there too!
Stretching out and getting ready to run!
The whole Ranch Heights girl gang!
Getting instructions on the route from Mrs. Deitz.
And they're off!!
There goes my girl!

Abby's goal this year was to run more than she did last year and, most importantly, to finish. She did a great job, however, she was very distracted by her friends and ended up doing a lot of walking!
But she finished with a good strong run!!Across the finish line!!
WAY TO GO, BABY GIRL!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
Abby's friend, Hannah, made it too!
WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Good job Abby! I'm so proud of you!!
I remember last year when you didn't think you were going to make it. I'm sure this year seemed a little easier. Next year will be a bit easier.

Anonymous said...

Her facial expresions always crack me up! I'm super proud of you Abber Dabber!!! ((HUGS))